The deadline for applications has passed, thank you to all who have applied.
The winner was announced at the gala dinner on Thursday, Nov 17th, 2022.
The required elements for a successful application are listed below. Before submission, please ensure your application is fully completed and that it adheres to the stated word limit. Accompanying videos (of not more than 10 minutes), posters or presentations (in PowerPoint or Prezi) are also welcome in addition to the completed web form. Files must be less than 8 MB and any of the following file types is acceptable (gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, eps, tif, pict, txt, html, pdf, doc, docx, odt, ppt, pptx, odp, xls, xlsx, ods).
Proposals will be anonymized and subjected to a blind review by the award selection committee.
Citations for sources of evidence should follow IEEE style with square brackets for in-text citations. Citations are not included in the word count.
- *Date of Birth.
- *Contact Information (phone, address, email).
- Brief Biography (no more than 150 words).
- Proposal Inspiration (in 150 words or less).
- Connected Conference Theme(s)
- Short Title of Policy Proposal
- Need/Opportunity for Action (600 words or less)
Describe the nature of the problem that the proposal seeks to solve. Supported by evidence, describe why it is important, and what current actions/policies are being taken, or not, by the government.
- Proposed Solution/Policy Change (600 words or less)
Describe the proposed policy/program that should be adopted by the governments at any level (Federal, Provincial/Territorial, Municipal) to address the challenge. This can include partnership with other organizations. Please describe the rationale and include the evidence.
- Describe the novelty of the proposal. (300 words)
- Lay Abstract. (200 words or less).
Rules and Eligibility
- Applications must be made by an individual under the age of 35 at the time of submission.
- Scores and feedback provided by the judges will not be disclosed for any reason.
- All applicants give the right to the CSPC to profile their submission in all Conference materials before, during, and after the event.
- The CSPC and the judges will not release any information in the application that is specified as confidential (marked above with an *asterisk).
- The current CSPC Board, management, staff, volunteers and members of the Awards Selection Committee, may not apply for the Science Policy Award of Excellence - Youth Category.
If you have any issues in submitting your proposal or any questions regarding the submission, please email email@example.com.