Applications must be submitted, in English or French, by 23:59 (applicant’s local time) on September 10th.
The required elements for a successful application are listed below. Upon submission, please ensure your application is fully completed and that it adheres to the stated word limit. Accompanying videos (of not more than 10 minutes), posters or presentations (in PowerPoint or Prezi) are also welcome in addition to the completed web form. Files must be less than 8 MB and any of the following file types is acceptable (gif jpg jpeg png pdf doc docx ppt pptx).
Proposals will be anonymized and subjected to blind review by the award selection committee.
Citations for sources of evidence should follow IEEE style with square brackets for in-text citations. Citations are not included in the word count.
- *Date of Birth.
- *Contact Information (phone, address, email).
- Brief Biography (no more than 150 words).
- Inspiration (in 150 words or less, describe what inspired you to tackle this particular issue).
- Connected Conference Theme(s)
- Short title of Policy Proposal
- Describe the Challenge/Issue (600 words or less)
Describe the nature of the problem that the proposal seeks to solve. Supported by evidence, describe why it is important, and what current actions/policies are being taken, or not, by the government.
- Proposed Solution/Policy Change (600 words or less)
Describe the proposed policy/program that should be adopted by the governments at any level (Federal, Provincial/Territorial, Municipal) to address the challenge. This can include partnership with other organizations. Please describe the rationale and include the evidence.
- Lay Abstract
(in 200 words or less, provide a brief summary of the issue and proposed policy for the general public audience).
Rules and Eligibility
- Applications must be made by an individual under the age of 35 at the time of submission.
- Applicants must be living in Canada.
- All scores and feedback provided by the judges will not be disclosed for any reason.
- All applicants give the right to the CSPC to profile their submission in all Conference materials before, during, and after the event.
- The CSPC and the judges will not release any information in the application that is specified as confidential (marked above with an *asterisk).
- The current CSPC Board, management, staff, volunteers and members of the Awards Selection Committee, may not apply for the Science Policy Award of Excellence – Youth Category.
If you have any issues in submitting your proposal or any questions regarding the submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.