Interested in pursuing a career in science policy? If you are seeking an exciting and well-rounded role, and can bring a positive attitude to our team, then wait no longer!
The Canadian Science Policy Centre (CSPC) is on the look-out for a dynamic and ambitious Program Manager who can manage and coordinate existing programs and develop new programs for CSPC.
CSPC is a non-profit, non-partisan and non-advocate organization, federally registered in 2009.
MISSION: The Centre’s mission is to act as an inclusive hub for connectivity, convening members of the community for key discussions, capacity building for the next generation, and catalyzing research in support of effective science policy
VISION: A strong, inclusive, and effective science policy community that contributes to the well-being of Canadians.
CSPC has become a well recognized institution both in Canada and globally, dedicated to discussing and examining science and innovation policy issues. The Centre has built a well-connected national network and community of science and innovation policy stakeholders, connecting sectors, regions, and generations. The CSPC website is the most comprehensive online source of information for science and innovation policy issues. You can find CSPC’s five year strategic plan here.
About the Position
This position, reporting to the CEO, is a full-time opportunity as the CSPC’s Program Manager to develop and manage CSPC programs, including: the annual conference, events and workshops, career campus, webinars, magazine, editorial, awards, etc.
This position will be responsible for:
- Development and management of new and existing programs of CSPC, in all four pillars of CSPC: Convening, Connecting, Capacity Building and Catalyzing Research
- Leading and coordinating the planning of CSPC events, including lectures and panel sessions, symposiums, workshops, science meets parliaments and all others
- Drafting and editing grants, letters, proposals, other documents, and preparation of relevant background material
- Carrying out analyses and research projects under the direction of the CEO and preparation of relevant background material.
- Communication with various types of stakeholders, including CSPC Program Members, Partners, and others such as universities, members of the private sector, high-level government policy-makers, and ministers.
- Coordination of CSPC volunteers and ensuring the delivery of committee activities
- Building a professional and respectful relationship with all CSPC volunteers and acting as their point of contact
- Tracking meetings, tasks, and performance of volunteers
- Writing grants and proposals for new and existing programs of CSPC
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2 years proven experience in project and program management
- Experience in writing proposals and grants
- Knowledge of Canada’s science and innovation policy landscape and its major players
- Project Management Proficiency
- Experience in building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Excellent proficiency in Google Drive, Zoom, Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Must be a self-starter; must work well independently and within a team environment
- Previous working experience in non-profit, associations, or universities is an asset
- Outstanding command of written English is a MUST
- Excellent English verbal communication
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Superb organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to implement procedures in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- French language skills are an asset.
- Minimum Master’s degree form an accredited university, PhD Preferred
Depending on experience $60,000 – $65,000
Submit a resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CSPC Program Manager Application” as the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. We will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
CSPC is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
CSPC invites applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to employment equity and building a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society and especially welcome applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons and others who may contribute to the diversification of ideas. If you require any accommodation to participate in any aspect of the hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com .
We thank everyone for their expression of interest and are truly appreciative of the time individuals put into applying. However, with the limitations on time only those selected for an interview will be contacted