Applications must be submitted, in English or French, by 23:59 (applicant’s local time) on Friday, September 8th, 2023.
The required elements for a successful application are listed below. Upon submission, please ensure your application is fully completed and that it adheres to the stated word limit. Accompanying videos (of not more than 10 minutes), posters or presentations (in PowerPoint or Prezi) are also welcome in addition to the completed web form. Files must be less than 8 MB and any of the following file types is acceptable (gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, eps, tif, pict, txt, html, pdf, doc, docx, odt, ppt, pptx, odp, xls, xlsx, ods).
Proposals will be reviewed anonymously by the award selection committee.
Citations for sources of evidence should follow IEEE style with square brackets for in-text citations. Citations are not included in the word count.
- Applicant’s Personal Information.
- Brief Biography (In 150 words or less)
- Proposal Inspiration (In 150 words or less)
- Connected Conference Theme(s)
- Title of Policy Proposal (In 10 words or less)
- Need/Opportunity for Action (In 300 words or less)
- Proposed Solution/Policy Change (In 600 words or less)
- Novelty/Creativity of Proposed Solution/Policy Change (In 300 words or less)
- Lay Abstract (In 200 words or less)
Rules and Eligibility
- Applications must be made by an individual under the age of 35 at the time of submission.
- Applicants must be resident of Canada (Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have valid study / work permit.
- Scores and feedback provided by the award selection committee will not be disclosed for any reason.
- All applicants give the right to the CSPC to profile their submission in all Conference materials before, during, and after the event.
- The CSPC and the judges will not release any information in the application that is specified as confidential (marked above with an *asterisk).
- The current CSPC Board, management, staff, volunteers and members of the Awards Selection Committee, may not apply for the Science Policy Youth Award.
If you have any issues in submitting your proposal or any questions regarding the submission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.