Canadian Science Policy Centre (CSPC) will be hosting a series of training workshops designed to enable the next generation of science policy experts through professional development. Workshops were previously produced at the request of organizations and for their teams and CSPC will now be hosting workshops for the general public. Professional Development Workshops will be assembled upon completion of sponsorship requirements (number of sponsors). Registration will be open to the public and a certificate of completion will be provided. Interested in participating. These workshops will be two half days and will be hosted virtual via zoom. Workshops we offer include:
- Science Policy 101
- Science Diplomacy : New Approaches to International Relations
- Equity Diversity & Inclusion in Science: Creating an EDI Culture
- Best Practices in Evidence-Based Decision Making
- Science Communication: Linking Research to Policy and the Public
- How to Become a Science Entrepreneur
More information on workshop types can be found here.
CSPC Career Campus
The CSPC Career Campus Series is intended as a set of two-toned online panel sessions to train the trainees with the diverse career options in the field of science and innovation policy. This program aims to empower youth to realize their professional goals and gain new insight into potential career trajectories. There will be two types of panels within this series:
- Meet the Executives: These meetings will feature prominent and senior members of the science and innovation community. Youth will have the chance to meet the leaders of science and innovation enterprises, listen to their career trajectory, and learn from them and discuss their questions in a more casual meeting format.
- The second set of events will feature panels of early- and mid-career individuals who will speak to their career paths and the steps that led them to where they are today, in addition to offering perspectives and advice on entering the field of science policy.
CSPC is excited to launch the 2021 Virtual Sessions titled SciPol Series. There will be 10 + sessions consisting of interviews and panels and will be live and free for the public to attend. With many interesting sessions coming up, CSPC will continue to explore timely discussions on pressing science and innovation policy issues with experts and stakeholders. To learn more about and watch the previous sessions in this series, click here.