Position: Volunteer, Project and Event Coordinator
Interested in pursuing a career in science policy? If you are seeking an exciting career opportunity, and can bring a positive attitude to our team, then wait no longer!
The Canadian Science Policy Centre (CSPC) is seeking a dynamic and ambitious Volunteer, Project and Event Coordinator to support new and existing programs and projects and the associated CSPC volunteer Committees.
The Canadian Science Policy Centre is a non-profit, non-partisan, and non-advocate organization established in 2009. You can find CSPC’s five-year strategic plan here.
MISSION: CSPC’s mission is to operate as an inclusive hub for connectivity, convening, capacity building, and catalyzing research in support of an effective science and innovation policy community.
VISION: CSPC’s guiding vision is a strong, inclusive, and effective science and innovation policy community that contributes to the well-being of Canadians.
About the Position
This position, reporting to the CEO and Program Manager, is a full-time opportunity that involves coordination of CSPC’s Volunteer Committees, diverse projects, and events that link with CSPC’s portfolio of new and existing programs including: the annual and regional conferences, virtual events, workshops, awards, Science Meets Parliament and other programs. The Coordinator is responsible for coordinating between seven to nine CSPC Volunteer Committees, which usually consist of approximately 60-80 active volunteers annually. This position involves remote working.
This position will be responsible for:
- Coordination of CSPC Volunteer Committees and their operations, coordinating and arranging meetings, preparing notes supporting documents, monitoring adherence to deadlines and supporting the delivery of the actions.
- Communicating between volunteers, other staff, and relevant external stakeholders.
- Building a professional and respectful relationship with all CSPC volunteers and staff.
- Supporting the Program Manager and CEO in the development of new and existing programs in all four pillars of CSPC: Convening, Connecting, Capacity Building, and Catalyzing Research.
- Coordinating and monitoring project activities.
- Coordinating the planning of CSPC events, including the annual and regional conferences, virtual events, symposiums, workshops, and other CSPC programs.
- Drafting and editing emails, communication materials, letters, proposals for grants, other related documents, and preparation of relevant background material.
- Coordinating other organizational tasks within CSPC office.
- Carrying out analyses and research projects and preparation of relevant background material.
- Other tasks to support the operation of the CSPC upon request.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in program/project management and coordination
- Knowledge of Canada’s science and innovation policy landscape
- Experience working with volunteers and/or coordination of volunteer committees
- Experience working with non-profit organizations and federal and/or provincial governments
- Experience in building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Previous working experience with associations or universities is an asset
- Knowledge of Project Management principles
- Excellent proficiency in Google Drive, Zoom, Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Exceptional coordination skills
- Outstanding time management and the ability to prioritize work
- Superb organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Diplomatic behaviour
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to implement procedures in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- A self-starter; works well independently and within a team environment
- Outstanding command of written English and excellent verbal communication; French language skills are an asset
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
Employment Salary and Conditions
- Depending on experience $60,000 - 65,000
- Remote working environment